This weekend sure went by fast, didn’t it? We ended up not going to Ames yesterday which helped tremendously although I think we all took the day of rest thing very seriously for the first half of the day!
So what did I get done? Let’s see…
Make out the monthly grocery list This still needs work, but I am not finding a lot we need to buy this month so I will concentrate on more food storage.
Make my own “instant” oatmeal packets (I haven’t tried this yet, but I am looking forward to it!) DONE
Can the rest of the pears into something, probably pear butter DONE
4. Pick apples if I have any. I didn’t have any.
5. Weed & mulch strawberries. Replant the runners if necessary.
Make more sweet tea. DONE
7. Make granola and granola bars. I didn’t get this done. However, I made Vanilla Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies for the first time. Yum…
Plan meals for next week. DONE
Clean out refrigerator DONE
Get the metal shelves from the barn to the basement for more food storage. I ended using some wooden shelves I found out there because the metal shelves would not have been sturdy enough. And I didn’t feel like screwing the metal shelves into the brick in my basement to make them more sturdy.
I also hard boiled 1.5 dozen eggs for lunch and breakfast this week. Off my secondary list, nothing really got done. The kitchen did end up cleaner, but no decluttering got done. However, all in all I am happy with myself. I could have had more done if I had worked during the BIG game on Saturday (yeah state!), but the game was good and frustrating all at the same time. I was afraid I might screw something up if I worked while I watched!
Frugal activities for the last two weeks would include:
1. I made Dane a Lego birthday cake for his birthday. It was nothing fancy, but I actually made his cake. I did learn that I need to learn to make a less sweet frosting. I will post pics later!
2. I made more sweet tea instead of buying it. This is saving me a ton of money and helping with drinking less soda. I also started to drink more water which is also helping. I just need to remember to have a positive attitude towards drinking plain water.
3. We re-purposed shelves for the basement. See above.
4. I made my own instant oatmeal packets. I haven’t tried them yet, but they look good!
5. I found some clearance shoes at Old Navy that I bought for Paige’s birthday. I bought two pairs for $1.97 each. Score!
6. I found a few things on clearance at Walmart for Christmas stockings for the kids. I spent a dollar or less for each item.
7. I am still canning anything and everything I can from the produce this year. I am also freezing a lot, but the freezers are stuffed full right now.
8. I have been decluttering and selling what I can in my house. We have way too much stuff again and much of it does not serve a purpose anymore for me or my family.
I think I did more than that, but my memory can’t remember if I did! I mentioned last time that we are on a spending fast. We still are, but by necessity now. I guess the school and the vehicles (and possibly the kids) did not get the memo on the spending fast. They have now, but it is too late. Shali’s car needs brakes and an oil change. My van might need a starter and an oil change too. The school expenses have been insane. Every time I turn around, money is wanted. Oh well.
Thanks for reading! Have a great day!