My Goals For 2015
1. Clean, de-clutter, paint, re-carpet, fix ceiling, and organize Paige’s room. This room is an unorganized disaster that needs some serious help. Plus she is at that age where she is growing out of everything: clothes, toys, books, etc.
We are still cleaning out, decluttering, and reorganizing. Amazingly, she is doing some of this on her own. I hope to really get this done in the next few weeks. I want to figure out if we can save the carpet or if we need to replace it.
2. Clean, organize, paint, and re-carpet the office. This is where I work at home (most of the time). It doesn’t work for me. It doesn’t really work for anyone.
I am doing a little bit every night. I actually found some of my desk. The organizing of some things are coming together, like having passwords, addresses, and phone numbers in the same place and book. Amazing what that has done for me!
3. Purchase a hand gun and learn to use it well.
I will be doing this in April. I have one from a friend that I am considering purchasing. I would like to fire it first, but the size is perfect for what I am looking for. More hopefully next month!
4. To blog much more consistently and to learn to use social media to my advantage. To me consistently is at least 3-5 times a week. That doesn’t happen right now.
Blogging was going great until I got sick. Then I had a 12 day dry spell. However, I kept up on social media. I post on Facebook 3-4 times a days, Google+ 1-2 times a day, Twitter 1-2 times a day, and Pinterest 1-5 times a day. This does take up a little time, but I love interacting with all of you!
5. To make a homemade gift for each birthday. I have lots of ideas that I am not using right now so this should be easy to do.
I am still working on Shali’s gift. I ran into a glitch and hope to have it done soon.
6. Add 1-2 beehives to the homestead. I would love, love, love to produce our own honey.
This is still in the research stage. I would love to have beehives, but I am not sure we have the environment to support them. I may have to plant more bushes and flowers to give them more pollen. I am surrounded by corn and bean fields and I don’t think that will help the bees either.
7. Lose 20 pounds over the year. Unbelievably, I love 20 pounds last year and would love to lose 20 more this year.
I am maintaining which is better than gaining. I am focusing on moving more and eating better.
8. Finish six unfinished projects. I will introduce you all to my needlework pile in the future. You might not be laughing after you see it.
I am still at the needlework projects. I love the time I spend doing it because I relax for a while. I find it a great way to unwind at night.
9. Live as frugally as possible by making more my own things and using what I have first before buying more. This really needs to happen this year and working up a realistic budget will be the first step.
I paid off a lot of bills with the tax refund. I was making payments on a few bills and they are gone. I also took advantage of a meat sale at Fareway and now have a fuller freezer. I also used some of the money to restock the pantry. I love having a full pantry!
10. Write a book or an e-book. Because I have always wanted to.
11. Go to a self-reliance/preparedness expo and/or Mother Earth News Fair. I have never been to one and always say I want to go one and never do. This year is the year for this!
12. Get a new-to-me double recliner and love seat for the living room. The ones I have have been blessing my home for at least 16-19 years and they blessed some one else’s home before that. The kids have made sure they are worn out and broken down. I have fixed over and over again. Enough. Time for new to me stuff!
I am looking for a good deal. I don’t want new furniture and I don’t want to pay new prices. I am being patient. I did score a full/queen size metal bed frame to replace the one in Shali’s old room for $30. Yeah!
That is March in a nutshell. Here’s to April!
Thanks for reading,