The Friday Thoughts might give you the impression I am obsessed with certain things, but then again maybe not. Many people ask what I think about things and I am not a very good talker. I will start trying to put my thoughts here every week and see what happens. I am going to keep it to five things that have been on my mind or heart, but I am not making any promises.
1. I am really looking forward to this weekend. I will be kid-free for the weekend. As much as I love them, as a single mom, I need this once in a while. I need the mental break. Maybe I can get organized again too with my planner and my calendar!
2. If you are inclined, please say a little prayer or send some good vibes for Shali. She is having an MRI on Sunday for her ankle and will probably end up with surgery. We will know more after her follow up appointment on Thursday. She injured it playing sports in high school and, at 20, is in constant pain. Too young for that!
3. Wow, did you all see that explosion in the port of Tianjin, China? Holy moly. I am impressed! However, I think the implications of this will be felt worldwide. It was a major port for China and the exporting of desirable goods across the planet. And as much as we don’t want to think about how much of our own goods come from China, a large majority of them are manufactured or are refined by China. This might impact us more than we know.
4. What are you interested in this week? Some times I feel like this changes from week to week depending on my week. As I have confessed before, I am not a super organized person. I am a barely organized person. I have learned the value of having a huge family calendar to keep track of everything. I have learned the value of having that same calendar in my phone and setting up reminders for myself. I am now using an app that has my to-do list and my grocery list on it.
This week has been all about being even more organized. Setting up systems, having more extensive menu plans, and just knowing where everything is because everything has a place. I have been learning more than doing, but I have some ideas about what I want to do. However, the thought in my mind is that some times people try to become more organized in direct relation to the stress in their lives. They are so stressed out that they seek control in their lives by being more organized. This can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how extreme you are being. (Yes, I read that somewhere. I just can’t remember where.)
I am trying not to be extreme. However, I do understand that I do want more control in my life.
5. #4 was several thoughts rolled into one segment. That is enough for this week.
This week’s blog post: Preppers and Homesteaders Need To Eat Healthy Too!
What I bought on Amazon this week: The Ultimate Self-Sufficiency Handbook by Abigail R. Gehring (this has been on my wish list for quite some time.)
I have also become an affiliate for the Molly Green Magazine and Website. This site and magazine has some of the best homesteading articles I have ever read. I am a subscriber myself and totally love what they are doing!
Thanks for reading,
This does contain affiliate links, but I only share my favorites with you!)