The year 2014 is almost over. Thank goodness. This year has had its high times as well as its low times. I started raising chickens and getting eggs. Woo hoo! This blog has gotten bigger and better. Another woo hoo!
However, I felt lost most of the year. Not cool. I realized when I looked back over the year that I did not set any real goals, commit any dreams to paper, and had no definitive plan for getting anything done. I think I might have gone on strike a year ago when it came to having goals – something about them being stupid, unobtainable things. Yeah.
Now I am back on track and have realized the foolishness of my ways. Goals are good. Goals are great. Hooray for goals! I have set for myself twelve goals for the year 2015 that I hope to accomplish. I will take you on the journey with me and update you every month. Total transparency and all that.
How do you know I am serious? I have already set up the blog posts for the first of the month. Every month through December. Lucky you.
These goals will cover the home and homestead, prepping, and personal things I would like to accomplish. Some are big things, some are small things, and some are bit out there for me.
My Goals For 2015
1. Clean, de-clutter, paint, re-carpet, fix ceiling, and organize Paige’s room. This room is an unorganized disaster that needs some serious help. Plus she is at that age where she is growing out of everything: clothes, toys, books, etc.
2. Clean, organize, paint, and re-carpet the office. This is where I work at home (most of the time). It doesn’t work for me. It doesn’t really work for anyone.
3. Purchase a hand gun and learn to use it well.
4. To blog much more consistently and to learn to use social media to my advantage. To me consistently is at least 3-5 times a week. That doesn’t happen right now.
5. To make a homemade gift for each birthday. I have lots of ideas that I am not using right now so this should be easy to do.
6. Add 1-2 beehives to the homestead. I would love, love, love to produce our own honey.
7. Lose 20 pounds over the year. Unbelievably, I love 20 pounds last year and would love to lose 20 more this year.
8. Finish six unfinished projects. I will introduce you all to my needlework pile in the future. You might not be laughing after you see it.
9. Live as frugally as possible by making more my own things and using what I have first before buying more. This really needs to happen this year and working up a realistic budget will be the first step.
10. Write a book or an e-book. Because I have always wanted to.
11. Go to a self-reliance/preparedness expo and/or Mother Earth News Fair. I have never been to one and always say I want to go one and never do. This year is the year for this!
12. Get a new-to-me double recliner and love seat for the living room. The ones I have have been blessing my home for at least 16-19 years and they blessed some one else’s home before that. The kids have made sure they are worn out and broken down. I have fixed over and over again. Enough. Time for new to me stuff!
Do I have more goals? Yes, but I told you all I would be realistic. This is mostly realistic.
I did not include any gardening goals. They will be a separate list posted when I can get excited about gardening again. Maybe March….
Now I want to know: What are your goals for 2015? Please post below!
Thanks for reading,