My Goals For 2015
1. Clean, de-clutter, paint, re-carpet, fix ceiling, and organize Paige’s room. This room is an unorganized disaster that needs some serious help. Plus she is at that age where she is growing out of everything: clothes, toys, books, etc.
This has been on hold for the last month. Between remodeling my work office and very busy month for her, we haven’t gotten a lot done. We might just wait until school gets out before really taking this project seriously.
2. Clean, organize, paint, and re-carpet the office. This is where I work at home (most of the time). It doesn’t work for me. It doesn’t really work for anyone.
My home office has been getting tackled. I have cleaned out a lot of stuff straight to the dumpster. I also moved a set of shelves that were empty into the bathroom. I was home for a week with a sick child and just really did some cleaning out of this room. Still needs more done though.
3. Purchase a hand gun and learn to use it well.
Soon. Very soon.
4. To blog much more consistently and to learn to use social media to my advantage. To me consistently is at least 3-5 times a week. That doesn’t happen right now.
Still been working on social media! I now have an Instagram account so feel free to add me there. I hit a bit of a stumbling block on blogging consistently with Dane being sick for a week, but hopefully now I am back on track.
5. To make a homemade gift for each birthday. I have lots of ideas that I am not using right now so this should be easy to do.
Next birthday is in August. I have time to figure out what.
6. Add 1-2 beehives to the homestead. I would love, love, love to produce our own honey.
7. Lose 20 pounds over the year. Unbelievably, I lost 20 pounds last year and would love to lose 20 more this year.
8. Finish six unfinished projects. I will introduce you all to my needlework pile in the future. You might not be laughing after you see it.
9. Live as frugally as possible by making more my own things and using what I have first before buying more. This really needs to happen this year and working up a realistic budget will be the first step.
I think I need to up our grocery/household budget or get more creative with the grocery/household budget. The kids have been taking more sack lunches to school which has added a little cost. We are also becoming more aware of what is going in our mouths as well as the pets’ mouths which is increasing the budget too. I need to rework my budget in May. We also have a graduation to pay for. Yikes!
10. Write a book or an e-book. Because I have always wanted to.
11. Go to a self-reliance/preparedness expo and/or Mother Earth News Fair. I have never been to one and always say I want to go one and never do. This year is the year for this!
12. Get a new-to-me double recliner and love seat for the living room. The ones I have have been blessing my home for at least 16-19 years and they blessed some one else’s home before that. The kids have made sure they are worn out and broken down. I have fixed over and over again. Enough. Time for new to me stuff!
I got a new entertainment center for the living room for $60. I know this was not part of the goals, but it was $60 and it fits in the corner. It can also accommodate a bigger television and ours is dying. Still looking for a double recliner.
I am horrible about my goals. However, they are goals which are just defined dreams. Hopefully though, we can get them accomplished!
Thanks for reading,