I might actually have a weekend at home this weekend. Or so I thought until I looked at the schedule! My two oldest girls are playing in a volleyball tournament in Belmond Saturday and are watching/trying out for the Iowa All-State Dance Team on Sunday in Ames. And I will be at both.
Admittedly, I am gone some weekends by my own decision. As a single parent, some time to myself helps to clear my head once in a while and refresh me. In turn, this gives my kids a momma who can happily focus even more on them.
Even with the busyness of this weekend, I need to get caught up and get some things done!
The list includes:
1. Make out the monthly grocery list
2. Make my own “instant” oatmeal packets (I haven’t tried this yet, but I am looking forward to it!)
3. Can the rest of the pears into something, probably pear butter
4. Pick apples if I have any
5. Weed & mulch strawberries. Replant the runners if necessary.
6. Make more sweet tea.
7. Make granola and granola bars
8. Plan meals for next week
9. Clean out refrigerator
10. Get the metal shelves from the barn to the basement for more food storage
Those things almost have to be done. These are things I would also like to get done, but I won’t be too crushed if I don’t:
11. Inventory freezers (I am a little lost as to how much I have and what I have)
12. Clean front entry and declutter it
13. Clean kitchen and declutter it
14. Work on Jordan’s ceiling fan
15. Declutter more in other parts of the house
Whew! I feel better having lists. I feel organized and less cluttered in my mind. Hopefully I will keep a good attitude and be motivated to get it done!
What does your weekend list look like?
Thanks for reading! Have a great day!